Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What I've been up to... Practice

Thats right, I've been practicing with my art techniques.  Nothing special, just trying to fix little things that i tend to mess up often in my art work, correct anatomy, especially hands (which are still a work in progress) and perspective.  Really exciting stuff, I know, but they are essential in professional art and if I keep slacking I'll never get to where I want to be...  So I've gone back to the basics when in reality I should be getting some really nice fancy art done for the Phoenix Comicon next month.  However, I'll find a way to cram in a couple of cool pictures for prints last minute as always.  Anyways, here are some of my practice images that I worked on mostly at work, a conte crayon drawing and a big painting that is a work in progress and still needs a little more work.



watercolor, hot press paper, this one is about halfway done, time for the little details.

more drawing at the job, took about a 30 minutes on this one, the shoulders and delts need some work but I may turn this into a more finished piece.

 
conte crayon, i haven't used these things in forever!  Love them but it is so different from using the old lead holder.

hulk practice, and the hands still suck but mostly due to the foreshortening of his massive right forearm.  Just needs some tweaks if I turn this into a more finished piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment